Member Engagement Committee
The Member Engagement Committee is responsible for assisting the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities in relation to, among other matters:
- Membership structure and fees.
- The process for recruiting and maintaining members.
- The screening process of applicants for membership.
- Member services and communications, including all electronic communiqués and CCGG website.
- Opportunities for enhancing member involvement and engagement.
- Any additional matters delegated to the committee by the board.
- Duane Green – Franklin Templeton – Chair
- Michael Kelly – OMERS – Vice Chair
- Julie Cordeiro – Burgundy Asset Management
- Peter Letko – Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc.
- Peter Lindley – OP Trust
- Kim Shannon – Sionna Investments Managers Inc. – Vice Chair
Public Policy Committee
The Public Policy Committee (PPC) mandate is to develop positions on selected legal and regulatory issues, representing these positions in an effective way to the various regulators and standard setting organizations. The CCGG Public Policy Committee shall concern itself with matters that have a significant impact on:
- Aligning the interests of shareholders and management.
- Creating an environment that promotes good governance.
- Focus its efforts on one to three key priorities that are approved by the CCGG Board and acceptable to the majority of our members.
- Jeff Wendling – Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) – Chair
- Peter Letko – Letko, Brosseau & Associates Inc. – Vice-Chair
- Melanie Adams – RBC Global Asset Management Inc.
- Melanie Bernier – PSP Investments
- Phil Cotterill – Connor, Clark & Lunn
- Kevin Gopaul – BMO GAM
- Asif Haque – CAAT
- Andrea Jeffery – Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB)
- Peter Lindley – OP Trust
- Eugene Lundrigan – SLC Management
- Frederick Pinto – Northwest & Ethical Investments L.P. (NEI)
- Sonya Reiss – IGM Financial Inc.
- Ann Glazier Rothwell – RP Investments Advisors LP (RPIA)
- Warren Rudick – Manulife Investment Management
- Paul Schneider – Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Catherine Simard – Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec (CDPQ)
- Daren Smith – University of Toronto Asset Management Corporation (UTAM)
- Catharine Sterritt – CIBC Asset Management Inc.
- Mary Throop – Summerhill Capital Management
Environmental & Social Committee
CCGG recognizes that the assessment of environmental and social (E&S) factors, in addition to governance factors, in all steps of the investment process is an increasingly critical risk management function. The E&S Committee was created to assist CCGG in providing best practice guidance on E&S risk matters, through a governance lens. Specifically the committee will be:
- Developing guidelines for boards on their oversight of E&S factors, such as evaluating the materiality of E&S risks and ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate and manage those risks.
- Providing guidance to companies as to the expected standards of E&S risk disclosure (in order that shareholders are able to assess whether directors are meeting their E&S risk oversight responsibilities).
- Assisting in further integrating E&S into the CCGG board engagement program.
- Daren Smith – University of Toronto Asset Management Corporation (UTAM) – Chair
- Amit Prakash – Alberta Investment Management Corporation (AIMCO) – Vice-Chair
- Helen Beck – Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ)
- Maia Becker – RBC GAM
- Aaron Bennett – Jarislowsky Fraser
- Maarten Bloemen – Franklin Templeton
- Margaret Childe – Manulife Investment Management
- Michelle de Cordova – ESG Global Advisors
- Christian Felx – Desjardins
- Jim Gilliland – Leith Wheeler
- Chris Guthrie – Hillsdale
- Hyewon Kong – Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
- Deborah Ng – Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP)
- Katharine Preston – OMERS
- Nicholas Smart – Fiera Capital Corp.
- Rosa van den Beemt – BMO GAM
- Dan Yungblut – 1832 Asset Management L.P.