Become a member
Membership with CCGG provides institutional investors with an efficient way to assist with meeting their fiduciary obligations in an environment where they are increasingly viewed as having responsibilities, as well as rights, to actively steward their investments. It also provides institutional investors with the opportunity to shape the Canadian corporate governance landscape.
Membership provides the following benefits:
- Fulfills stewardship obligations
- Offers exclusive research & education
- Provides leading opportunities to influence and develop
- Shows commitment and contribution
- Leverages and amplifies your efforts
The following organizations are eligible to become a Member
- Pension plans
- Investment advisor
- Mutual or other fund manager (or similar organization) that, in the ordinary course of business, manages money in a fiduciary capacity
Memberships perks include
- Access to attend and vote at all Member meetings
- Eligibility to participate in all CCGG Member committees (subject to available openings and to approval of CCGG’s Board of Directors)
- Access to all communications from CCGG, including company-specific information, such as detailed reviews of the governance practices of Canadian companies and engagement meeting reports, and all CCGG webinars
Become an Associate
Organizations that are not institutional investors but who are actively involved in promoting good governance in Canada or elsewhere may find it valuable to join CCGG as an Associate.
The following organizations are eligible to become an Associate
- an organization that is actively involved in promoting good governance in Canada or elsewhere and/or would provide a unique perspective that would assist CCGG in working to improve corporate governance in Canada; or
- a Canadian or international professional organization, including a legal or accounting firm, with proven expertise in corporate governance.
Associate benefits include
- Participate in certain CCGG Member committees (subject to available openings and subject to approval of CCGG’s Board of Directors)
- Receive all general information and communications sent to Members, with the exception of any company-specific information
- Attend private CCGG webinars
Annual Member fees are based on total assets under management (AUM):
- The annual fee for Members with total AUM below $1.5 billion is $2,500
- As total AUM increases above $1.5 billion, the fee escalates on a straight-line basis by $1,500 for every $1 billion to a maximum annual fee of $44,000
- An affiliate of a Member paying the maximum annual fee of $44,000 is eligible to become a Member for an annual fee of $2,500 irrespective of that affiliate’s total AUM
The annual fee for an Associate is $3,000. If an organization is an investor association similar to CCGG such as the associations which are members of the Global Network of Investor Associations), then that organization is eligible to become a free reciprocal Associate of CCGG provided that CCGG joins that organization on a free reciprocal basis.
Interested in joining the Canadian Coalition for Good Governance?
Please contact Ana Marshall at email@example.com or at 416-868-3576 to apply. Please note that all applications are subject to the approval of CCGG’s Board of Directors.